Sunday, November 25, 2012

Amazon Reviews


Shirly B:
"I just read this unique book with poetry from many talented woman. They use their own personal story to give the reader a smile, a sigh, a laugh and a lot of reading pleasure. They talk about anything from men, droopy boobs to everlasting love. There is something for everyone. This is a great idea for a holiday gift. Take a chance and read something different. "Pieces Of Her Mind," is a delight."

Jack:
"I have just finished reading," Pieces of her Mind" and I am still laughing, scratching my head and wearing a self induced puzzled look on my face, all at the same time. I was not sure what to expect when I opened this book, but I can tell you I didn't expect that I wouldn't want it to end, but that is exactly what happened. I feel like, as a man, I have been given permission to wander unattended through an area that for as long as I can remember has been considered off-limits to most men, the inner workings and thought processes of the female mind. WORD of WARNING: Guys, you will find out exactly what they think about you and if you think I don't mean you...I mean you. For some strange reason, we are all the same person to them (Women). At least that is what I learned.

This is a fantastic book to learn from, to relate to and to read any time you are in need of a quick smile or a good hearty laugh or even some food for thought. The poetry contained in, "Pieces of her Mind" will not only introduce you to the wonderful written art of Senryu, Koyka and Senryu Haiga poetry, it will also lead you by the hand through our modern day world from a new and different perspective. Be prepared to laugh, cry and experience an entire range of emotions a man would never show. (At least not in public) I highly recommend this book to every man walking this planet, (this is stuff we need to know) or anyone else who is looking for a fun read. I have always wondered why women like to curl up with a good book...perhaps now I know."


Tcarl:
"Pieces of Her Mind" is a truly marvelous read. More than a dozen bright-minded,tension-creating poets sharing their abundant talent with the rest of us. Today's women channeling 250-year old poetry styles and rhythms. There is a "bite" to this book. These poets are not sheltered, reclusive, stay-at-home ninnies. These are thinking women of great power and frank opinion. The poetry is at once simple and complex. It addresses life's strategies and its tactics. It is unabashed and unapologetic. If you purchase this book, do not set it down on the shelf, for it will begin to scream "READ ME!"
Every college professor teaching poetry - I don't care man or woman - should have "Pieces of Her Mind" at the ready."


T.C. Leonard:
"I found this book to be both humorous and thought-provoking. The idea of bringing several women together for this compilation is a good one: it creates a diverse range of thought, but the short essays and bios allow each of these women to shine as individuals. Japanese form poetry requires plenty of wit, but it is a great mental exercise for one-and-all. This book is a wonderful template for all people (men too!) with a little bit of poetry in their souls. I highly recommend it. "

No comments: